There is a saying, “Health is Wealth,” and it couldn’t be any more correct. It is believed as “anyone’s greatest investment” as it can enhance life, bring more enjoyment to the table and make someone a better person. Of course, how can you enjoy life if you’re just spending it from the walls of your hospital room?
The good thing is that people can actually achieve a healthy body (and eventually, a healthy mind) by eating the right food. And no, it’s not just purely vegetables. You also get to enjoy a little bit of meat every now and then. Here are some of the most recommendable foods you should start eating to be a better version of you:
- Apples. Apples help the liver release toxins from the body, including heavy metal build up or unhealthy food additives from soft drinks, iced tea, processed food, candy, bread etc.
- Asparagus. This one is particularly helpful for liver drainage, heart health and is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Blueberries. Try and eat just under a cup of mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries) daily for 8 weeks and see the change! It definitely helps with having lower blood pressure and good cholesterol in your body.
- Tomatoes. Fresh ones, not the tomato sauce from a slice of pizza! Eating vitamin-C rich tomatoes not only contributes to a smoother skin, it also lowers the risk of age-related skin dryness for middle-aged women. A fresh face and a fresh skin? No problem!
- Garlic. A common food with a big impact– garlic is reported to be a staple for detox/cleansing diets. It has a natural immune system booster and helps the liver to do its job more efficiently.
- Watermelon. A good source of vitamin C that has an antioxidant that protects against heart disease and some other types of cancer. Watermelons are not only delicious, it’s also nutrient dense and very hydrating. If you are living in a tropical country with lots of watermelon, lucky for you!
Of course, your fruits and veggies are not all that. Rodale’s Organic Life shared how people should feel free to enjoy meat without the worry of being unhealthy. Here’s what you should eat together with your greens:
- Grassfed Beef. This will keep your immune system healthy with vitamin E and protein. Grass fed beef contains as half as much total fat as grain-fed beef.
- Canned Fish. Get the ones filled with omega 3 fatty acids. You may feel like being a prey eating those little fishes at the bottom of the food chain. But if it makes you feel good, they haven’t lived long enough to intake unhealthy toxic materials– and that makes you healthy!
- Organic Chicken. See? You still get to eat chicken! Organic chicken contains some of the highest levels of protein of any meat without the antibiotic-resistant bacteria used for conventionally-raised chickens. It also helps in losing weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure and reducing the risk of cancer, as cited by Organic Facts.
- Organic Turkey. A great protein source that fights the infections of your body. Eating turkey would also make you feel fuller for a longer period while keeping the insulin levels stable after meals.
There are a lot of food out there you can take in order to have a healthy body. You just need to do a little research and a “ready attitude” to cook it in the kitchen. Don’t overthink on how eating these will also contribute to your healthy mind. Just know that the mind and body are deeply connected. The body should function properly so your brain works just as well too. Go figure!